The Laborer will have the general responsibility to provide support and assistance to the other Excavation and heavy equipment operators. Under supervision, Laborers will be involved in the general installation of pipe, concrete, and other miscellaneous site tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reports to shop at the start of shift for the daily assignments. Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision with occasional check of work while in progress, and work being reviewed upon completion.
- Trenching and pipe and or conduit laying.
- Layout, trenching, installation of water, sewer ad overflow pond designations.
- Performs onsite and shop cleaning, such as power washing of garage floors, sweeping and washing of basement floors, and organization of materials post construction.
- Cleans up job sites and fills scrap dumpsters by hand, using carts, wheelbarrows, and barrels.
- Assists with loading or unloading trucks as needed..
- Conducts weekly inventory of materials in storage area and reports to supervisor.
- Unloads materials from vendors’ delivery trucks at storage area, checks accuracy of delivery ticket and signs receipt for materials. Reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Assists with basic and minor callbacks.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Prioritizes assigned tasks.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Equipment cleanliness and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates both in a professional office environment and a job site environment. Office Environment – While performing the duties of this role, the employee routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Job site environments – While performing the duties of this role, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to perform repairs, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Vision (with correction) sufficient for reading and performing assigned tasks.
- Basic arithmetic ability needed to take inventory and figure measurements.
- Job involves occasional climbing stairs while carrying materials weighing up to 50 pounds when the job cannot be stocked any other way.
- Job is exposed to airborne dusts, and elements associated with new construction, moderate to loud noises, vibrations associated with operation of saws and hammers, improperly illuminated or awkward and confined working spaces, as well as lifting as carrying of awkward or heavy items and materials.
- Requires employee to work regular hours of operation on construction site.
Position Type/ Hours of Work
This is a regular / full-time / non-exempt position.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- High School GED
- Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two-year college, university or technical school for Construction or Excavation.
- 2-years of equivalent related experience in the construction industry.
Job Title: Excavation General Labor
Reports To: Director of Excavation
FLSA Status: RFT / Hourly / Non-Exempt
To apply, please email your resume and or application to Julie in Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org