The foreman is a working foreman, and supervises a crew of laborers in the installation of pipe, underground utilities, concrete, and other miscellaneous materials. The Foreman provides support to the Excavation Director, in addition to leading a crew in guidance and assistance to the other Excavation and heavy equipment operators. Ideally we would prefer our Foreman also be a Heavy Equipment Operator
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises a crew of up to 4 employees and prioritizes work.
- Works with the Excavation Estimator.
- Preferred Heavy Equipment Operator. Equipment list: excavator, enloader, backhoe, dozer, skid, forlift, tractor, and CDL
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Ensures his project job site has all of its materials, permits, swpp, bonds, locates, equipment, and project schedules.
- Maintains / schedules equipment service and maintenance logs.
- Enforces all company and job site safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Submits crewmembers’ timesheets to payroll by deadline.
- Attends company operation meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
The position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, shift hours can range 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School GED
- Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two-year college, university or technical school for Construction or Excavation.
- 2-years of equivalent related experience in the construction / excavation industry.
- CDL, Class A preferred.
- Lead or supervisory experience, minimum 1 year.
- Related experience or training preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excavation equipment GPS dirt work experience.
Abode Companies Inc. is an equal employment opportunity (EOE) employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, military service or any other state protected class. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment including job benefits, social activities, hiring, recruiting, training, promotion, and compensation. All employment related decisions are made without regard to any legally protected status. Any employee who is found to have engaged in discrimination in violation of this policy will be subject to corrective action, up to and including discharge. Abode Construction Inc. also complies with its obligations to offer reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants and employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Title: Excavation Foreman
Reports To: Director of Excavation
FLSA Status: RFT / Hourly / Non-Exempt
To apply, please email your resume and or application to Julie in Human Resources email@example.com