Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding a business or building. Plants flowers, mows, pulls weeds, repairs structures, and maintains outside of building.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform grounds-keeping and building maintenance duties.
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower.
- Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and others.
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
- Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice-melt/sand down to keep people from falling.
- Perform routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster, fixing fountains, and other duties.
- Sweep walkway of debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds-keeping.
- Install lawn furniture.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
- Unloads materials from vendors’ delivery trucks at storage area, checks accuracy of delivery ticket and signs receipt for materials. Reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Equipment cleanliness and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Landscape – General Labor
Reports To: Landscape Manager
FLSA Status: RFT / Hourly / Non-Exempt
To apply, please email your resume and or application to Julie in Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org